Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Positive Outcomes

I think I need to take a minute to focus on all of the good that's come from this diet experience, because I'm starting to get increasingly cranky. :)

1. I have lost about two pounds per week. I had lost a little before we started, so my clothes are fitting a little bit better. I put on a pair of denim capris today, and noticed that I didn't have the "muffin top" look in them anymore. I still can't fit into my smaller clothes, but hopefully I can hold on to some things I've learned here and lose the rest of the weight.

2. My positive habit was to actively play with my kids each day. I was hit and miss before, but they love it when I get involved in their imaginary scenarios. It's been a good thing to make sure I really focus on making time for that daily.

3. My negative habit was to cut down on my computer time. I dislike Facebook, but I spend too much time blogging, emailing, online shopping, etc. Again, it's been good to focus on this problem.

OK, but now I need to complain about one thing. We are getting a lot of good food from our garden. We planted so many cherry tomatoes that we can hardly keep up with them. I don't like the fact that I can't just grab a handful from the bowl whenever I want, since they are so healthy. We've also had a bunch of apricots, strawberries, etc. All the points I've lost have been from unauthorized snacking, but it's often been something healthy. I look forward to eating all I want from our garden - and more cereal - without feeling guilty about letting my team down.

I'm taking my day off on Sat. and my meal off Sunday night. Sundays are so busy that I don't have much time to think about snacking, SO I really just have a couple of days left. I can do it! (Or maybe I can't, really, but I'll be done either way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment