Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pointers

I was a psychology major and in one of my classes we spent time discussing how to help over eaters change their habits. Because I know Utah team doesn't have a chance against us anyways, I thought I would go ahead and share these pointers with them as well.

-Don't be the one to clear the table (You are much more likely to add an extra bite here and there as you put the left overs away.)
-Never eat standing up! (You become much more aware of what you are eating and how much if you aren't walking around doing other things.)
-Always arrange all of your food on your plate at once. Your portions will seem much more satisfying if you see all of your meal together instead of snacking it here and there.
-If you get hungry between meals, drink water. I know this one is much more common knowledge, but thirst often gets confused with hunger.

Hope this helps make the competition a bit more competitive! Go team Henderson!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips Kortni. I especially like the one about putting all your food together on one plate. I have been just grabbing stuff here and there and it feels kind of lame.

    ReplyDelete